This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: About modules
- To: jostobfe at calvados dot zrz dot TU-Berlin dot DE
- Subject: Re: About modules
- From: Clark McGrew <mcgrew at ale dot physics dot sunysb dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 16:08:45 -0500
- CC: guile at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-to: clark dot mcgrew at sunysb dot edu
You mentioned that you're environments patch will break the gh
interface. Is there a summary someplace of what is broken? (I'd
guess that stuff like gh_scm2long, and gh_long2scm are OK, but
gh_define is broken).
Is it easy to leave the existing gh_ calling sequences along and
define the new names for the new (preferred) gh_calls? Then the
current names could be marked as deprecated (and probably removed from
gh.h). This would keep existing code from breaking, but would
encourage the use of the new functions.
If it's not easy, then I'd rather see the gh_ stuff change and get
the new environment patchs than wait any longer on environments.