Re: Where should I install compiled modules please?

Look at guile-readline (in the subdirectory guile-readline of the guile
source) and see how it's done there: basically you install a scheme module
(which goes in the shared directory [$(datadir) in automake speak].) which
scheme module explicitly loads the C module doing something like

(dynamic-call "scm_init_readline" (dynamic-link "libguilereadline.so"))

Then libguilereadline.so is searched for on the appropriate path, which
includes the library executable directory [$(libdir) in automake speak].

In this way we don't rely on (use-modules ....) to load binary modules anymore.

This should go in the module-writers FAQ which doesn't exist.

Ian