Re: Documentation lacking

Derry Bryson wrote:

> > I'm not entirely sure why you need to know this, if you mean the
> > internal representation and evaluation code.
> >
> > If you want to know the API for evaluating scheme expressions from C,
> > which is guile-ref.texi (or guile-ref.info) part IV, where it
> > describes the gh_ interface.
> >

> If you are only using guile as a scheme interpreter to run your
> scheme programs, perhaps you don't care about this.  However, in
> my experience, it can be quite helpful to know how the underlying
...etc...

Consider yourself an alpha-alpha doc tester: your experiences trying to
get a handle on guile will be very valuable _if_ you take notes.

A concrete suggestion:  add a file to the guile-doc directory for
tracking documentation requirements.  Call it, uh, requirements.txt,
include a header explaining its purpose and how to update it, and then
people like Derry can record their notions the requirements, and also
check to see if it's already been thought of before posting to the
list.  Doc writers can use it to get a better idea of what people
actually want to see.  It would be very useful IMO to have some
mechanism like this to capture first impressions from newcomers, since
such ideas and impressions tend to be transient.

-gregg