Re: logxxx and bignums

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Dale P. Smith wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I'm ready to extend the bit twidling functions to bignums, and my Boss
> is ready sign off on on the copyright.
>
> A question before I start.  Negative numbers are coded as a positive
> number with a sign bit?

I have another question:  Didn't Greg Harvey try to change guile't bignum
interface to use gmp (The GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library)?  In
gmp these functions are already implemented.

Maybe it would make more sense to finish Greg's changes and have guile use
gmp.  Currently, after a couple of years, gmp seems to be under active
development again (see http://www.swox.com/gmp/).  According to their
web page the release of version 3.0 is scheduled for march.

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann