Re: Examples of embedding guile

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Derry Bryson wrote:
> Perhaps, however, while a GTK+ port to Windows would be very nice, it
> doesn't help other platforms.  It doesn't help those using the Mac or
> BEOS, or OS/2 or whatever else is out there (unless there is a GTK+ port
> to their platform).  I think an approach using a cross-platform GUI

     I think GTK+ will probably be ported once the mac support for gcc
have been made integrated with some standard distribution (instead of the
version available on Darwin).  My understanding is that they've heavily
hacked the build process, and I'm not sure if there's any variation
between what you get with Darwin vs.  what you get with MacOS X proper.
    As for BeOS, as far as I know, the people porting free software for
that platform (as well as AmigaOS) have a website at
http://www.ninemoons.com/GG/index.html .  Doesn't look like there's that
many of them, but I think they'd be the ones to contact about working on
such a port.
    I don't know anything about OS/2 development/porting efforts.
    Is there any other free toolkit that _has_ been ported to all these
platforms/has a hope in hell of being ported?

Lynn