Two further GOOPS projects

>>>>> "Mikael" == Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

Mikael>   4. Design a nice C API for creation of classes with slots,
Mikael> generic functions and methods.

Was tossing around ideas in my head about this, and remembered that it
was ed, sometime in the long-distant past, doing away with slot-set
and slot-ref (and even slot names) which I think might have
implications for a C interface to goops (especially wrt coming up with
an interface which allows creating smobs as classes...), but I don't
recall a conclusion.

Probably it isn't really critical, but it'd be nice to know whether
the API really needs to expose the equivalent of the #:slot-set and
the #:slot-ref and #:slot-set! functions, or whether to just provide
an API for generic=with-setter's...

Opinions?

  -Eric