Re: message primitive

"Brad Knotwell" <knotwell@my-Deja.com> writes:

> As a point of discussion, this can be contrasted with with Bruno
> Haible's CLISP.  According to his webpage, CLISP has "594 library
> functions, 542 of them written in C".

I think this criticism is to the point, but remember that a lot of the
current primitives will be separated out into other libraries, like a
POSIX library, a random number library, a sorting library, etc.

Otherwise, I tend to agree with Greg: If we anyway need a certain
functionality at the C level as a part of the infrastructure, why
implement it twice?

It's another matter in which *module* we choose to publish the
primitive.  In some cases it mightm for example, be sensible not to
publish it at all in some of the core modules, but rather have it
latent for publication through some external module.