Re: Schemey markup (was Re: Doc Tasks)

Lalo Martins <lalo@webcom.com> writes:

 > That would require that all tags are implemented as procedures,
 > with options as keywords and everything else as a list. Then
 > the final presentation generators have to come up with a smart
 > string concatenation method and voila.

Not necessarily.  Quote the strings & run them through a processing
program, as in

   (scheme->sgml '(book (chapter ...)))

I do something along these lines in my scwm doc extractor, except I
handle tag arguments by giving the tags the syntax of functions that
return functions, as in:

   ((book 'tag1 "value1" 'tag2 "value2") ((chapter) ...))

--
Harvey Stein
Bloomberg LP