Re: Schemey markup (was Re: Doc Tasks)

On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 07:25:39PM +0200, Michael Livshin wrote:

> I whole-heartily agree, except for one small point: you probably don't
> want to use bare parens to denote markup.  texinfo's @{...} thingies
> are pretty nice on the eyes and fingers, though.

Hmm. Or of course you could write proper Scheme and quote
strings. Then of course you'd want parens, because you're
already used to them if you're working on Guile.

(example "I can use as much parenthesis as I want inside my text and it
	 won't confuse the parser (because it's" (emph "proper") "Scheme).
	 I can also use whatever indentation I want. And I'll get proper
         syntax highlighting. And smilies are allowed ;-) and don't even
	 break parenthesis balancing (at least not in" (cmd "jed")
         ", dunno 'bout" (cmd "emacs") ".")

(opinion "Oh, and now that I did it, I think it looks kinda pretty too ;-)")

That would require that all tags are implemented as procedures,
with options as keywords and everything else as a list. Then
the final presentation generators have to come up with a smart
string concatenation method and voila.

(define message-value "2c")

[]s,
                                               |alo