Re: Doc Tasks (was RE: docstrings in Guile!)

    Per> Clark McGrew <mcgrew@ale.physics.sunysb.edu> writes:
    >> The problem is that SGML is not richer than TeXInfo which has
    >> the full power of TeX behind it.

    Per> That is like saying C "has the fully power of assembly code
    Per> behind it."  It is a mistake to think that the texinfo has
    Per> anything to do with TeX in the sense of it being a superset
    Per> of TeX or a dialect of TeX.

The part of TeX I'm talking about is the ability to define macros that
are exactly suited to the task at hand.  I've never had to use the low
level page layout tweaking parts of TeX within a TeXInfo document.
I've almost never had to use them inside of a book or article.

Cheers,

Clark