Re: Request for policy: regression tests

Maciej Stachowiak <mstachow@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> (Taking bug-guile off the cc list)
>
> "Greg J. Badros" wrote:
> >

> > It'd be nice to do this inside the repository such that change logs from
> > guile-modules are preserved in their new place.
>
> Do you mean ChangeLog or version history? Previous protocol for merging
> directories has been to copy the ChangeLog under a new name.

That's not necessary here-- I envision:

guile-core/benchmarks
guile-core/test-suite

where those two directories are just the two directories of
guile-modules.  The dirs have ChangeLog files, but there is none in the
top-level directory of guile-modules.

> > Thoughts?  It'd be easy for me to move the guile-modules source into
> > guile-core, but not as satisfying as moving the ,v files around (but
> > that's exploiting unsupported CVS behaviour).
> >

> I'm not sure that individual file revision history is that important
> for tests.

But I don't see why we should dump it unnecessarily, either.  There is
value in those individual ,v files and it's hardly any harder to keep
that value so we should.

Greg