Re: Request for policy: regression tests

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@mdj.nada.kth.se> writes:

> "Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:
>
> > I found two bugs pretty quickly thanks to the tests
>
> Great!
>
> > -- nice work to Jim for getting the test-suite started.  We
> > definitely need the test suite to be more comprehensive.
>
> Indeed^2
>
> > Thanks again, Mikael, for encouraging me to get the interpreter to pass
> > the tests.  I agree that we should have a policy that the regression
> > tests succeed before committing.
>
> You're welcome.  :-)
>
> I also think it would be a good idea to merge the test suite into the
> libguile disty and have it run at `make test'.

Me three.

It'd be nice to do this inside the repository such that change logs from
guile-modules are preserved in their new place.

Thoughts?  It'd be easy for me to move the guile-modules source into
guile-core, but not as satisfying as moving the ,v files around (but
that's exploiting unsupported CVS behaviour).

Greg