Re: SWIG (Was Re: Another const PATCH plus problems with gh_new_procedure)

    DH> These patches are against swig1.1p5.  Thus, if anybody is
    DH> interested in these, i'd be glad to provide them to you.  I
    DH> would also like to add them to the newest release of SWIG (if
    DH> there will still be guile support in it) as soon as this one
    DH> gets available.

I sent a patch to David Beazley to bring guile upto date several
months ago and I haven't heard back from him.  I think he must be
swamped with other work.  My patch basically moves all of guile
support into typemaps.

Since SWIG is quite modular it's pretty easy to distribute support for
a new language separately from the standard swig support.  Possibly we
should make a swig-guile-patch distribution that tracks guile until
the API has stabilized?

If people are interested, I'd be willing to be "patch master".  The
ideal situation is that it all gets incorporated into SWIG, but the
API for guile is advertized as unstable so I can hardly blame Beazley
for not tracking it.

Cheers,

Clark