Re: docstrings in Guile!

"Greg J. Badros" <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:

> The docs that I mechanically moved from the .texi files into the source
> code are *often* no longer accurate.  substring-move-left! and
> substring-move-right! are both synonyms for substring-move!, but the
> docs are a bit inaccurate.  My hope is that they'll actually get updated
> as people look through the code.  I'm unable to be the guy who actually
> does all of this editing, though.

Eww... I really hate to have to say that I don't have time right now
(the truth of it is, I don't currently have time to merge the new doc
stuff with the gengc stuff, mainly because it's a really big moving
target, and I value my sanity a bit too much >;'). I will work on this
and some concept docs once the gengc works and I've merged the stuff,
though.

> I encourage the submission of patches to fix and add docstrings.  In
> particular,
>
> grep -n -B2 '^""' *.c
>
> will report all primitives that lack documentation.  Also, almost none
> of the procedures in ice-9/*.scm are documented (someone could, e.g.,
> move the documentation from *.texi into those files).

For the files that are entirely undocumented, there is some
documentation (common-list, string-fun and q [I had this renamed
queue... I don't think that's a bad idea, either ;)]) in my qdocs
stuff; it's available in texi or plain text (tho the plaintext is
probably out of date).

http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/qdocs

--
Greg