Re: Documentation proposal

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 11:27:29AM +0100, Christian Lynbech wrote:

> Lalo> It's easy to generate texinfo from sgml.
>
> This is not quite my experience. I gave up on trying to produce
> texinfo output from the generated scwm sgml manual (though I admnit I
> could have tried harder).

I said that off the top of my head, and I still didn't have
time to investigage. But I'm still under that impression and
I'll give you a definite answer before the end of the day. :-)

However, I'm pretty sure I can generate info, if not texi,
because the Debian dpkg manual is sgml and it does generate info.

> Lalo> (basically, with texinfo, either you use emacs or good luck).
>
> I do not really understand this. The `makeinfo' program works very
> well for generating info files. Texinfo authoring is a quite different
> matter of course.

I meant authoring/editing.

[]s,
                                               |alo