Re: Documentation procedure

Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:

> forcer <forcer@mindless.com> writes:
>
> > Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:
> >
> > >         (set! (documentation VALUE) DOC-STRING)
> > >         Associate the documentation string DOC-STRING with VALUE.
> >
> > I don't like set! with a list as the first argument - it's not
> > the set! we know from R5RS (more like setf from CL)
>
> Yes, but it's the generalized set! that Guile (and Kawa) has, that
> has been discussed on this list before, and that I hope to submit a
> SRFI (see srfi.schemers.org) for soon.

If there's a SRFI about it i don't have any objections, my
problem was that the code would become very confusing to
non-guile-specific schemers.

> > Please don't add any "surprising" behavior to R5RS
> > functions. Rather add a set-documentation! or documentation-set!.
>
> I assume you meant "primitives" or something like that, since set! is
> not a function.

of course. tired and mail does not mix well :)
	- forcer

--
((email . "forcer@mindless.com")       (www . "http://forcix.cx/")
 (irc   . "forcer@#StarWars (IRCnet)") (gpg . "/other/forcer.gpg"))