Re: I resign as Guile maintainer

Of course, one way to choose a new maintainer is just to see who
starts making releases that everyone uses.  If Guile is really useful,
this should happen of its own accord.

Karl Fogel and I started Cyclic Software (a little company that stayed
little) to provide support and contracting for CVS.  We did one or two
of our own releases that simply incorporated the patches that everyone
else was already using, and the old maintainers practically threw the
position at us.  (We asked, and they said, "Sure!  Sounds great!")