Re: I resign as Guile maintainer

> From: Michael Livshin <mlivshin@bigfoot.com>
>
> best.  and I also agree with Dirk's point about the perfectionism wrt
> feature additions -- there is a stable version out, after all, so let
> the CVS version be as shaky as it needs to be.
>
> --mike

My experiences with shaky CVS versions is very bad.  Then, many people
prefer the stable versions, and you end up in having less testers for
new features.  Probably, it's the main duty of a maintainer to ensure
a good compromise.  Here a proposal (which I made some years ago in my
group, and which was not accepted:-(), if one does not have a central
maintainer: if several people have writing access to the repository,
one could set the rule that at least two persons of that group take a
look at code before it is checked in.

Niko.