Re: I resign as Guile maintainer

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Lalo Martins wrote:

> Looks like all candidates have some reason not to accept. But
> one developer demonstrated will towards the project and some
> ability to coordinate things, plus some vision of the flawed
> points and ``where to go'', plus knowledge of the pieces of the
> machine as it stands now, plus knowledge of ongoing projects.
>
> I'd ``vote'' for: Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net>

  FWIW, I've found Greg to be very helpful, and his own pet project
(garbage collection) is pretty central to the GUILE system.  Whether these
are the hallmarks of a good project leader, I don't know.  But they can't
hurt ;-).
   While we're talking about it, I'd also support the idea that
documentation is desparately needed.  Whether now is a good time for it (I
don't know exactly what degree the system is in flux - sometimes it sounds
like a lot) I don't know.  I'm also kind of big on the idea of producing
specifications and then programming to the specifications, so that
documentation could be written as either a derivative of the specs or as
part and parcel of them.  If the FSF is paying for people to write
documentation, I hope this project is fairly high on the list.

Lynn