Re: I resign as Guile maintainer

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:
> I can't be Guile's maintainer any more.  I don't have enough time to
> meet the responsibilities.

You have put in a lot of good work to move this project along.  (And
Mikael, and Maciej, and others who for whatever reason may not be able
to put in the same degree of commitment any more.)  Thanks for all
your efforts.

> My time has instead been going into GDB, working at Cygnus, mostly on
> the Linux support.  So I have been spending my effort on Free
> software.  But I have found that I can't keep Guile alive too.

Gosh, Jim, haven't you got GDB converted to use Guile instead of
Tcl/Tk as a scripting language, yet?  Huh?  Huh?  :-)

> I would recommend any of the following people as replacements:
> [...]
> Ken Raeburn <raeburn@raeburn.org>
> [...]
> There are certainly others who are qualified.  These are simply people
> who have caught my notice in some way or another.

Um, thanks for the mention, but if real development work and guidance
is what is needed, you need someone more in tune than I am with The
Vision Of Where We Should Be Going and what other groups in the
Lisp/Scheme worlds are doing.  Now, mere application stuff (like
Emacs:-), that I can hack, when I've got time....

I won't say "don't pick me" in so many words; if mere coordination and
release management and a somewhat cloudy Vision will do, and no one
else volunteers, maybe I can help.  But I hope someone (or more than
one) much better qualified than I will be able to step forward and
pick up the mantle.  Several people have been suggested who are still
actively doing work....

Ken