Re: (x)emacs mode for guile?

Valentin Kamyshenko <val@kamysh.materials.kiev.ua> writes:

> I suspect that I do not understand how to use (ice-9 emacs) module.
> In fact, I use the guile-interface.el (which I have found somewhere at
> red-bean) within the inf-lisp mode of xemacs. It works satisfactory,
> but the inclusion of (ice-9 emacs) (or calling guile with --emacs
> option) seems to be unnecessary: it just leads to printing of ^s and
> ^f symbols after the prompt, which are not used.

I wrote guile-interface.el, which I still use most of the time.  It
doesn't have half of the nice features of ilisp, though.  It pretty
much just makes sure that when you evaluate some code, it goes into
the right module.  I don't even like the way that I accomplished this
feat; if I had the chance to recode this, I would use a buffer local
variable, a la ilisp.

Since I wrote this code, I started using ilisp for CL, and I was very
impressed, so I think the way forward is to use ilisp.  guile is
supported apparently.  The only problem that I've had with ilisp is
that it steals some keybindings that I use, other than that it's
fantastic.

-russ

--

We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.