Re: guile-gc 0.15 released

Greg.Harvey+guile-gc@thezone.net writes:

> > to clear an apparent misunderstanding: Goops doesn't use any two cell
> > objects yet.  but the "a lot of double math" thing is not a bad reason
> > anyway.
>
> I would've thought that it would use procedures with setters fairly
> often, though (should really look at it instead of assuming, I guess
> ;).

oh my.  it was probably my guilt complex acting up (don't worry if you
don't understand this sentence.  Mikael is hereby invited to beat me
over the head with a wet aardvark).

> All I changed for complex numbers was to
> make the scm_dbl struct have a pointer to the imaginary part in the
> cdr, then the immediate real part. It's some boost, anyway, and
> without requiring another full heap.

yup, perfectly reasonable IMO.

> > I guess I'll go
> > entertain my cat instead.
>
> They're much happier if you confuse them ;)

not much difference for this one, she's easily confused if you present
her with her own tail ;)

> --
> Greg: Look Tiger! An Aardvark!
> Tiger: Mrow? <lick>
> Greg: Don't lick that thing at me!
> Tiger: <lick lick lick lick>
> Greg: Gross

--mike

--
Politics is non-euclidean.                           -- Robert Anton Wilson