Re: segfault in scm_gc_mark?

LW> Is there any reason I should get a segfault in scm_gc_mark?  I'm using
LW> version 1.3, using an adaptation of binutils' i386 disassembler and

I've had my share of problems during GC, and it is always my
fault. Surprise! :-) My solution has been to use a construction such
as

#ifdef NDEBUG
#define GC_TRACE_MARK(S)
#else
#define GC_TRACE_MARK(S) { fprintf(stderr, "Marking a %s\n", S);}
#endif

and then put a

GC_TRACE_MARK("thingie")

in the mark function for the thingie smob. And the same for the free
function.

Works excellent. Have found several bugs this way.

	Lars

--
Lars Arvestad               Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
                       Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden