Re: Using Guile with threads

An alternative approach that I use extensively is to use guile's native
co-operative threads, and do the threading at the scheme level. In this
case you would loose the ability to interact at the same time as long
running C primitive's; instead you have to make sure that all your GL library
code gets back to some kind of event loop reasonably often.  I have used
this with for example the XmHTML widget to give reasonable interactive
behaviour in a browser, by writing the network code in scheme.

Julian Satchell
<satchell@dera.gov.uk>