Re: Guile GC behaviour

Greg Badros <gjb@cs.washington.edu> writes:

> I'm wondering if this could account for the growing Scwm process image
> behaviour we've seen for a long time.  It's surprisingly challenging to
> debug memory leaks in Scwm given the various memory allocators all
> interacting, and the Scheme heap in particular.  I'm open to suggestions
> as to how to confirm or deny that these holes might be the source of the
> "leaks".

(sorry this took so long, I've been quite busy with non-guile related
things).

It could be useful to look at scm_mtrigger, which will give you an
idea of the highwater mark for allocations of scheme objects (it has
to be at least half that). Guile doesn't currently have any way to
find out a lot of information about allocations and stuff (adding more
detailed stats to the gc is another one of the multitude of things I
just can't seem to get around to doing; I'll probably take a whack at
this over the long weekend).

--
Greg