This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the Guile project.

Pre-release for coming Guile 1.3.4 and GOOPS 0.1.4

Since there are two serious evaluator bugs in 1.3.2 we need to release
a bug-fix 1.3.4 ASAP.

Please try out the archives:

and report any bugs that you may find.

As soon as I get acknowledge from Tom, Ian, and Julian, I'll release

Here's the release notice:
[I'm releasing Guile-1.3.4 on behalf of the GUile maintainer Jim Blandy]

This is release 1.3.4 of Guile, Project GNU's extension language
library.  Guile is an interpreter for Scheme, packaged as a library
that you can link into your applications to give them their own
scripting language.  Guile will eventually support other languages as
well, giving users of Guile-based applications a choice of languages.

This is primarily a bug-fix release, among other things fixing a
couple of serious evaluator bugs.  See NEWS for details.

Please report any problems you find, and you'll have a fixed release
in two months or so.

Please send bug reports to

Thanks! ==============================================================

Bug reports and fixes from:

    Ian Grant
 Anders Holst
 Karoly Lorentey
Keisuke Nishida
    Ken Raeburn
   Bill Schottstaedt
    Tom Tromey
Bernard Urban

Obtaining Guile ======================================================

The latest official Guile release is available via anonymous FTP from as /gnu/guile/guile-1.3.tar.gz.

Via the web, that's:
For getit, that's:

The mailing list `' carries discussions,
questions, and often answers, about Guile.  To subscribe, send mail to  Of course, please send bug
reports (and fixes!) to  Note that one address is, and the other is at

[ Most GNU software is compressed using the GNU `gzip' compression program.
  Source code is available on most sites distributing GNU software.
  Executables for various systems and information about using gzip can be
  found at the URL

  For information on how to order GNU software on CD-ROM and
  printed GNU manuals, see
  or e-mail a request to:

  By ordering your GNU software from the FSF, you help us continue to
  develop more free software.  Media revenues are our primary source of
  support.  Donations to FSF are deductible on US tax returns.

  The above software will soon be at these ftp sites as well.
  Please try them before as is very busy!
  A possibly more up-to-date list is at the URL

  Here are the mirrored ftp sites for the GNU Project, listed by country:

  United States:
  California -,
  Hawaii -
  Illinois - (Internet address