This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: ftp.red-bean.com and passive ftp
- To: "Keisuke Nishida" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: ftp.red-bean.com and passive ftp
- From: Craig Brozefsky <email@example.com>
- Date: 29 Aug 1999 11:03:36 -0500
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <NDBBIOBNGLAMPAGJALKPGEKOCAAA.email@example.com>
"Keisuke Nishida" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I can't connect it using netscape either, but I can do that using
> ange-ftp in Emacs (C-x C-f /email@example.com:/pub/guile/).
> I wanted to use guile-hobbit. Why isn't this software on the guile's
> cvs tree?
Netscape should work. ftp.red-bean.com is behind a "firewall" itself
and that firewall is not configured to let connections to random ports
thru from the outside, so when you do passive FTP your attempt to
connect to the data port on the FTP server (choosen arbitrarily) it
will not be allowed thru by the "firewall".
I will talk to the admins of that firewall and coerce them into
allowing a range of ports thru the ftp.red-bean.com that would allow
passive FTP connections. The joys of pulling rank.
Craig Brozefsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Free Scheme/Lisp Software http://www.red-bean.com/~craig
I say woe unto those who are wise in their own eyes, and yet
imprudent in 'dem outside -Sizzla