Re: Bad define placement?

On 27 Aug 1999 16:07:45 +0200, mdj@mdj-pc.nada.kth.se wrote:
> >From R5RS:
>
> "Definitions may occur at the beginning of a <body> (that is, the body
> of a lambda, let, let*, letrec, let-syntax, or letrec-syntax expression
> or that of a definition of an appropriate form)."

Sorry if this is a foolish question but ...

Does that include the beginning of a (begin...) too?
If I remember correctly, a begin is supposed to be rewritten internally by
the system as a letrec, so I'd have thought that a define should be legitimate
there and possibly in other places as well.  Is there a definative reference
document on the web that I should be looking at?