Re: Bad define placement?

On 27 Aug 1999 08:43:19 -0500, james@tiger-marmalade.com wrote:
> I've gotten a new error with 1.3.2 on some code that worked with 1.3.1:
>
> (define (foo bar)
>   (display bar)
>   (define c "World")
>   (display c) )
>
> (foo "Hello ")
>
> This gives an error "Bad define placement".  Is the above code really
> incorrect?

I have the same sort of problem - but in more complex situations - where I
wasn't sure whether my code was correct or not (being more of an Objective-C
programmer than a Guile programmer).  I wasn't going to report it as a bug
until I was sure it wasn't my fault - but it seems I'm not the only one
suffering...