This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
readline under Solaris
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: readline under Solaris
- From: Michael Vanier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 23:25:01 -0700 (PDT)
Well, after a lot of failed attempts I finally got guile 1.3.2 working
under Solaris 2.6 with readline. Here's a recipe:
1) You need to install readline-2.2 or better (might as well get 4.0) in
some library e.g. /home/yourself/local (assuming you're not root).
2) Your configure line needs to look like this:
env CFLAGS="-I/home/yourself/local/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/home/mvanier/local/Solaris/lib -R/home/yourself/local/lib" \
I'm not absolutely sure the -R part is necessary, but it didn't hurt.
3) On Solaris 2.6 and below, there is no shared library version of
libtermcap, which is necessary to get readline working. There is a
static version in /usr/ucblib, but I couldn't get libtool to accept it.
Maybe there's a workaround... anyway, I grabbed libcurses.so and
libtermcap.so (actually the same file) from a Solaris 2.7 machine, put
them into my local/lib directory (e.g. /home/yourself/local/lib).
With this, the compile works and so does readline within guile.