Re: The taming of the before-gc-hook (was Re: Upcoming 1.3.2 release)

On 26 Jul 1999, Jost Boekemeier wrote:
> Umm, I think I have to clarify that wasn't meant ironically.  It is just
> that I still don't know all the mechanisms that guile offers and how
> to use them.  I think a "guile hackers howto" would be nice. :)

   Use the source, Luke!   ;-)
   Actually, I agree.  Most free software could benefit from written
specifications and a greater amount of documentation about the internals.
You know, traditional software engineering type stuff.  I think it would
definitely lower the bar to become an active contributor.  Even just a
roadmap to what different files provide (data structures/functions) and
how/where they are used would be of great help.  id-utils is better than
nothing, but not as good as a thoughtfully written overview of the system.

Lynn