Help on parser?

M. List writes:

 > I'm new to scheme/guile, so maybe my questions are strange.  I'm
 > going to write a parser and like to know, how to do this using guile.
 > I found an slib parser module, but I don't understand the docs and
 > found no examples how to use it.  There is also an package sllgen,
 > but it didn't work with guile (OK, maybe more scheme/guile-knowledge
 > would help here).  Also, bigloo seems to contain a parser tool, but I
 > don't know wether this works with guile, too.
 >
 > Maybe I have to use bison, pccts or perl's parsing package :-(

there was a recent thread on this mailing list that touched upon several
different approaches.  i think it petered out w/o concluding that any of
the approaches was unambiguously superior.  so, in one post, you have
also come to that same realization -- congratulations!

however, you need not feel sad about it.  probably best thing to do is
to read back over the archives; choose an approach you feel comfortable
with (or perhaps one you feel challenged by, up to you); "just do it!";
and lastly, document your experience to increase the knowledge base.
(if you could do the last part in .texi, i'm sure there would be an
enthusiastic response).

ok, enough rah rah talk.  gotta go munge some code...

cheers,
thi