Upcoming 1.3.2 release

> Okay.  I'm still not clear about whether guile-1.3.2 is going to be out
> of the latest guile-core CVS source, or whether it is smaller changes
> off of the version that was released as guile-1.3

It's out of the latest tree, as Mikael says.  The current sources
don't have anything really unstable in them, as far as I know.

- The GOOPS core support is there, but it seems pretty stable.
- The new I/O system is there, and seems more stable than the previous
  one.  Definitely more portable.
- The environments are still in revision, and aren't present in the
  tree yet.
- The GC stuff still isn't in.

Do you have any specific concerns, or is it just the principle of the
thing?

If you were hoping for a bug-fix-only release, it ain't gonna happen.

> (and was there ever a guile-1.3.1?  There isn't one at the usual GNU
> ftp sites).

Release numbers whose third component is odd are anonymous CVS.
Things we actually package up in a tar file and release have even
third components.  Thus 1.3 (.0) is a real release; 1.3.1 is the name
for the various revisions people have been getting from CVS; 1.3.2 is
the next release.  Immediately after 1.3.2 is released, the CVS
sources will call themselves 1.3.3.  (I guess I should explain that
somewhere, huh?)

I'm going to try to get 1.3.2 out before leaving for Japan on Aug 3.
While in Japan, I'll be working on Guile full-time, working with the
MULE team on internationalization.  I'll be back in the beginning of
September.  I want to release 1.3.4 in late September.