Re: (seeks while reading) Re: Performance, argh

    >>  It seems like the file names in the search path could be
    >> cached.

    Russ> I like the idea of using vicinities.  This way when you want
    Russ> to load a bunch of files at startup, you determine *once*
    Russ> which vicinity to use then you can load all the files
    Russ> relative to the vicinity.  This is the approach that slib
    Russ> takes, if I remember correctly.

Probably I just don't understand how vicinities work, but how do they
work when files are not all in the same vicinity.  What if the files
you need to load are spread over several directories
(/usr/share/guile, /usr/local, /home/mcgrew, &c)?

Cheers,

Clark