Re: Reader option to permit brackets as parentheses

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 11:45:30PM -0700, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
> Ingo Hohmann <ingo@2b1.de> writes:
>
> > Please look at these last two sentences. If indentation is needed for
> > a human to read, why not use it as syntactical way to structure code?
> > Then you are sure,  that the compiler/interpreter  understands it the
> > same way you do.
>
> There is no need for the compiler to understand it using the same
> syntactical clues that I use.
<...>

But wouldn't it be nice, if it understand it the same way, you do?
Storing the same information (blockstructure) at two points, that
may contradict each other is not particularly helpful especially
at the time other persons try to understand a program.

btw I don't like the white space approach particularly well, but nor
do I like too much parenthesis, but maybe I used pascal for too long :-)

Ingo Hohmann <ingo@2b1.de>