Re: Javascript->Scheme

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 08:48:09PM +0200, Klaus Schilling wrote:
> Lalo Martins writes:
>
>  > GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH... Yes I want this :-)
>  >
>  > I desperately need to add some JavaScript support to lynx. I
>  > even promised it to the lynx "project leader", but I don't have
>  > the time for that now (work is taking all of it).
>
> Would javascript slow down lynx considerably?

Yes it would :-)

However I plan to implement it in such a way that if you
configure it out it gets completely out of your way - probably
using a dinamically loaded module.

>  > Anyway, if I could just guileize lynx and tell it to use the
>  > JavaScript reinterpreter for JavaScript, that would be a lot
>  > cooler.
>  >
>  > Also, JavaScript is easy to learn (at least for C programmers).
>
> Not as easy as Scheme.

If someone never programmed in her life, Scheme is easy. If
someone only did C or Java or C++, JavaScript is way easier.

>  > It could be a very good tool for Guile.
>  >
> May javascript's web security facilities be used to make in-
> directly a somehow safe usage of scheme as client-side scripting
> language possible?

Please elaborate, I'm not sure I understand.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.