Re: [Guile and SLIB (and modules in general)]

Michael Vanier <mvanier@bbb.caltech.edu> writes:

> Hear, hear.  Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle" is one of my all-time favorite
> books, but it *still* makes me cringe to have to type
>
>     (use-modules (ice-9 <whatever>))
>
> How about something like "core", or "system"?

(guile <whatever>) seems to be the preference (it's in thing
http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/index.html#thing There should
also be a patch there against an older guile cvs, but I stopped making
patches against that for every change because it was becoming really
likely to cause that whole head exploding thing. I'm going to roll up
another one after I get through messing with the important stuff ;')

On the plus side, at least it isn't

(breakfast of champions <whatever>)
--
Greg