Re: Tired of make. Anyone interested in a guile-based replacement?

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> I really don't have the time to tackle this by myself, but I'd
> *really* like to implement a scheme-based make replacement.  I was
> just curious about whether or not there were others interested in the
> same thing?

It's a great idea!

(Right now I have to apologize for not having read this thread or even
 your entire message.  I hope to be able to do that in a few days.)

I think it would be good to replace

autoconf
and autoheader
and aclocal
and automake
and libtool
and sh
and all auxiliary scripts
and make

with one Guile-based tool + a set of databases.

Taking an entirely new approach to the problem may make it possible to
remove a lot of the complexities involved with configuring, building
and installing.