Re: Where should guile modules store meta data?

Clark McGrew <mcgrew@ale.physics.sunysb.edu> writes:

>     Jost> At the moment I think the new module system should only
>     Jost> support (module-define ..) for backward compatibility and
>     Jost> maybe (define-public ..).
>
> You mean "define-module" right.

Yes. Sorry.  Supporting the old export syntax and 'define-public'
isn't a problem.

You can proceed using the old module system as long as you don't try
to access bindings directly: first level variables don't exist anymore.

> I'm not a module guru, so I'm only talking about simple syntax for a
> simple users (me).  Perhaps I'm missing the point.  Are you proposing second
> incompadible way to define modules, or are you talking about extending
> define-module to be better?

Umm no.  I was talking about the primary module/package system that I
think guile should use.

Jost