This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Guile project.
Re: searching an explanation: call/cc and 'do' strangeness
- To: Mikael Djurfeldt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: searching an explanation: call/cc and 'do' strangeness
- From: "Peder Chr. Norgaard" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:19:00 +0200 (MET DST)
- cc: Gary Houston <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
On 28 Apr 1999, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> Gary Houston <email@example.com> writes:
> > Hmm, folk-law says that continuations can be used to simulate threads,
> > but I've never seen it done.
> What about 'process in slib...?
See my answer to Gary Houston: My need is not threads but co-routines.
As I understand the doc of SLIB process, this is more like a thread
system. But of course I may be wrong ...?
Peder Chr. Nørgaard System Developer, M. Sc.
Telebit Communications A/S tel: +45 86 28 81 77 - 49
Fabrikvej 11 fax: +45 86 28 81 86
DK-8260 Viby J Denmark e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org