Re: How do I use readline?

I've been trying all day to get readline to work on the latest guile.  I
got it working on guile-1.3, but for the latest guile I had to hack
libguile/Makefile.am, remove all Makefile.in's, hack configure.in to put
back the readline tests, rerun automake and autoconf, and recompile and it
STILL didn't work!  Any advice from the gurus would be appreciated...  I
understand why the readline support was removed but I would prefer
if we waited until a good solution was in place.  A --with-readline
configure option, though not perfect, would at least be a reasonable
intermediate step.

On the positive side, I notice that the latest guile loads up much faster
than guile-1.3.  Why is that?

Mike