Re: Reintroducing old `defined?'

Clark McGrew <mcgrew@ale.physics.sunysb.edu> writes:

> Marius> I would prefer to stick to `module-defined?' and require
> Marius> people to be explicit about module issues.
>
> Hmm...  Right now, except for slapping define-module, use-modules
> and export on to the front of code, code doesn't need to know
> anything about the module system.  One thing I like about the
> current module system is that it is non-intrusive.  I hope it stays
> that way.

Yes, `defined?' should interact usefully with the module system, but
it should not require the user to be aware of the module system.

What I was talking about was the things that we want to provide in
addition to `defined?'.  When `defined?' is a special form, we need a
function that performs a useful subset of the `defined?'
functionality.  I'm happy with the existing `module-defined?' for
that.