Re: Pliant

 >>  That's why I'm saying that Guile and Pliant can complement one
 >> another.

 b> In what way were you thinking?

Guile can provide a rich set of libraries, GC, and debugging
features for Pliant.  It is a ``simple matter of programming'' to
bootstrap Guile's object system, etc, on top of Pliant.  This will be
a similar process to the one Kawa went through with Java, except our
underlying VM will be GPLed, and there will be no heavy-handed
standard to prevent us from making suitable modifications to Pliant if
we deem them necessary.

Don't worry, my ``simple matter of programming'' is not said lightly:
I realize that this will be a lot of work, just like changing the GNU
Hurd to use CORBA and pthreads instead of MiG and cthreads will be,
but it is still the intended goal.

As clean as it is, I don't like Pliant's syntax, and that's where
Guile steps in: it can become the syntax and a set of modules that
will make Pliant truly nice to use for real-world applications.

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)