Re: Guile & PR

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:

> BTW, is it possible to let Guile dump a boot image on systems which
> support that?  I have a vague memory that it interfered with dynamic
> linking..., but it would really improve things a lot.

I have played with unexec some myself, and I can say for certain that
it works on Solaris, and probably some other platforms.  I also have
been told that Bernard Urban has integrated unexec into guile-hobbit,
so this seems possible.

The hardest part, I would guess, is the autoconf stuff needed to get
everything built on all platforms.  Just today in fact, I tried to
figure out how this works in emacs-20.3, and the going was slow...

-russ

--
"People who fight may lose. People who do not fight have already lost."
             -- Bertold Brecht