Re: Guile-gtk (0.14)on FeeeBSD HELP wanted

About the bug-report a few weeks (time flies) ago:

> > Maybe, sombody (the author) can add the need for gmake to a FAQ,
> > readme or install-text/script.
>
> I'd rather have it not depend on GNU Make.  Can you install the fix I
> posted and try your original make again?

What I did:

$ tar -tzf guile-gtk-0.14.tgz
$ ./configure
Edited ./Makefile: replaced '$<' twice
NOW:gtk-glue.c: $(gtkdefs) $(gdkdefs) build-guile-gtk.in
NOW:	$(srcdir)/build-guile-gtk.in -I $(srcdir) glue $(gtkdefs) build-guile-gtk.in >tmpt && mv tmpt $@
NOW:
NOW:gdk-glue.c: $(gdkdefs) build-guile-gtk.in
NOW: 	$(srcdir)/build-guile-gtk.in -I $(srcdir) glue $(gdkdefs) build-guile-gtk.in >tmpd && mv tmpd $@
$ ./make

It's working better, but still not perfect. The error I get is
  "libtool: link: not configured to extract global symbols from dlpreopened files"

Then I try gmake ( To give you a clue about the status)
 $ gmake
OUTPUT:gmake: Circular aclocal.m4 <- aclocal.m4 dependency dropped.
OUTPUT:cd . \
OUTPUT:  && CONFIG_FILES=Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
OUTPUT:creating Makefile
OUTPUT:gmake: Circular aclocal.m4 <- aclocal.m4 dependency dropped.
	READY!!

$ ./guile-gtk-1.0 -s ./examples/hello-world.scm
	WORKS

As I told ealier, the work-around is ussing gmake (only). So I din't
test it very well.

I hope this report helps!

Greeting Albert

P.S. I don't now why $< didn't worked. BSD-make does understand $<, I
use it also. And I __DIDN'T__ replaced the $< in lines as
.c.o:
	$(COMPILE) -c $<

strange, but no time to search it out now.
---GAM
"This should be a jolly quote"
====
Do NOT send MS-Word or other MS-bits to me!
I can't read it and I don't want to try either.