Re: Guile scripting host?

Excerpts from ext.guile: 26-Feb-99 Re: Guile scripting host? Miguel de
Icaza@nuclecu. (510*)

> Seasones CORBA users say that the ILU language bindings for C at least
> are not really standard.

I believe this to be incorrect.  I'd be happy to fix bugs reported
against the C binding, though the official C mapping itself is in bad
shape.  By the way, I serve on both the Core RTF and the
Interoperability RTF of the OMG, and have served as chair of the C
Language Mapping Working Group of the C/C++ RTF of the OMG, so I do have
some idea of what we're talking about here.

> Besides that, I do think that ILU is missing a POA and it is not as
> fast as ORBit.

Yes, we have not yet implemented a POA.  I have no direct experience of
ORBit, but in one benchmark ILU was shown to run about as fast as Orbix,
maybe a smidgen faster.

Bill