Re: profiling support

>>>>> "thi" == thi  <ttn@mingle.glug.org> writes:

thi> do you mean "data is collected with every procedure object" ?

Yes.

thi> (would one be able to to select procedures for profiling?)

One could do it, for instance by using checking the procedure
properties, just like trace does, and only profile those functions
that has (or has not) a certain property, but I do not really think it
is worth the effort and the penalty of the list searching.

I prefer to gather all available data and then attack it with
different rather than collecting a partial view, analyse, then collect
more to refine the analysis.

The analyser will of course (eventually) have the necessary support to
narrow and organize the reports appropriately, but I feel that this is
where such functionality belongs.

Christian Lynbech          | Telebit Communications A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrik 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8628 8177 + 28  | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.telebit.dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)