Re: libguile and readline

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     In addition, I've seen some contributed add-on on the guile developper
>     site that uses a stronly copylefted library and still gives the exception
>     permission, so this has been done illegally? (A. Archibald's gdbm module)
>
> I don't think it is illegal for him to put this exception on his code,
> but for us to distribute it with the exception is asking for trouble.
> Jimb, could you please ask him to remove it?

No problem.  Sorry, I could have sworn I was more careful than that
about licenses.  The intent was that my code (as opposed to GDBM)
could be reused, if useful, with other licenses.  I'll fix it,
although the package is ancient and apparently unused.  It has been
supplanted in functionality by the *SQL packages, as far as I can
tell.

Andrew
aarchiba@csclub.uwaterloo.ca