Re: [ANN]: guilegc r8

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:

[good reasons why a swiss army realloc isn't a good idea]

It probably isn't a good idea (I was more looking for an excuse to
spend some time with the gc, I think ;). It does, however, correspond
to the way that glibc's realloc works, at least when a NULL pointer is
given, so on those systems, you can currently use it as a malloc
anyway (this probably isn't the greatest idea). I've no particular
attachment to that behaviour, though.

What I'm more interested in is figuring out how to get the space
allocated to a given pointer with mallocs besides glibc's.

--
Greg