Re: Guile scripting host?

I've understood Windows Scripting Host (WSH) is similar to unix #!
thing in script files, except vastly less elegant. It either uses the
file extension or an additional description file to locate the COM
server whose IActiveScriptParse interface it uses to start the script
execution.

The WSH exports some COM interfaces that can be used to modify
environment, make simple popup windows etc.

I do not know of any method in WSH to access variables in other
scripting engine. If such a thing is possible, surely it relies on
some capabilities of the scripting language. At least, the WSH
interfaces do not have anything to export variables from one scripting
engine to another. Perhaps you meant of the generic COM client
possibility. It might be nice to have in guile some means to define
some CORBA attributes as native scheme variables.

For using the WSH COM interfaces, some kind of CORBA<->COM proxy could
be used.

Anyway, having a guile binary exporting the IActiveScriptParse
interface required by WSH to start a script would be nice thing to
have.

--
Marko Kohtala - Marko.Kohtala@ntc.nokia.com, Marko.Kohtala@hut.fi